Inspiration has struck! This weekend I was oh just listening to some music (so rare for me lately) and came across the song Secrets by Mary Lambert. Even though I was destined to love the song due to its catchy rhyme, but once I listened to it the lyrics really stuck with me. For those of you who haven’t heard it (although I’m sure you have all heard it by now!) below is the music video! The song is all about not wanting to hide the things that society says is wrong! You all know what I mean, those things that make us different! It really struck home for me! So today I wanted to share my SECRETS! I would love to hear some of yours too :)
- I am short! Yes I have little stubby legs and arms and my pants are all too long for me.
- My eyes are two different colors! One is more brown and the other more blue! Can ya say freak!
- I have some grandma looking hands! Wrinkly and skinny and misshapen and I’m only 22!
- Three of my front teeth are half fake! Yes that is right I chipped my front tooth when I was younger (that story is for another time) and my other two grew in funny!
- I have been out of college since May and well I am working three part time jobs, not ideal in the slightest but I am working on adulthood!
- I love and eat everything carb related! Bananas, pumpkin, squash and pretty much any fruit or dark chocolate are my favorites!
- I have a scary, loud and argumentative family, we never agree on anything but I wouldn’t trade them for anyone else.
- I’m not always comfortable in my skin, yes sometimes I wish to be or look like someone else, but hey I know I don’t have a thigh gap and never will and I am learning to love every bit of me!
Wouldn’t the world be a much happier and wonderful place if we were told and encouraged to let these secrets out and show the world the things that we are told to keep in, or hide or wish to be someone else. So today I challenge you, stop wasting so much time hiding things about you that aren’t normal and let them shine. Let the whole world know that you aren’t perfect and embrace the good and bad!